According to Fox News, carjackings are on the increase in the US. Although this is still a relatively rare occurrence in the UK, we can protect ourselves and our vehicles in case you are involved in a carjacking.
Here are some tips on keeping yourself safe and to prevent vehicle theft:
1) Always keep your phone to hand and beware of your surroundings
2) Note down anything suspicious when it is safe to do so and call 999
3) Travel on well-lit main roads at night, keeping your windows up and your doors locked
4) Don’t assist with someone who says they have “broken down” as they may be working with a partner who may attempt to take your keys and vehicle
5) Keep a safe distance from the vehicle ahead
6) Park in a well-lit area and close to the pavement
7) Hold your car keys in your hand so you can get in and out of your car quickly
A Find It Stop It device will not only track your vehicle if it is taken but you can also send a stop engine command to vehicle via the app. This will ensure safe recovery of your vehicle.
Buy yours now for just £59.95 and free UK postage.
If you have been inspired by Million Pound Motorhomes & are buying a Camper Van then make sure that you get a tracker installed. Our Find It Stop It GPS tracker & engine stop device can be monitored & controlled by a phone app so you know where your motorhome or campervan is at all times