Stats from the Metropolitan Police as part of their ‘Be Safe Scooter Theft‘ campaign state that over 9,000 scooters, motorcycles and mopeds were stolen in London in the last year – make sure you protect your vehicle.
Here’s a few ways you can deter thieves:
- Remember lock, chain, cover – if they can’t see your bike then they won’t clock it for their “shopping list”
- Don’t leave the keys in the ignition, even for a second
- Mark the bike so that it can be easily identified if stolen
- Park in a well-lit area or even better in a garage
- Fit an alarm
- Fit a Find It Stop It Vehicle Tracker